Plovers Ridge is a great central location to visit the North East of Tasmania, the Tamar Valley, Launceston and surrounds.
Plovers Ridge is within a 20 minute radius of Bridestowe Lavender Farm, Launceston and beautiful beaches. It is only a 5 minute drive to Hollybank Tree Tops Adventure, Hollybank Mountain Bike Trails and Lilydale Falls. We are on the East Tamar Wine Route and not far from the vineyards on the West Tamar.
We are surrounded by beautiful country with rolling hills and grazing cattle and the display of stars at night is awe inspiring. For bush walkers, a satisfying day can be had reaching the summit of Mt Arthur.
Make yourself at home and spend some time exploring Tasmania’s north from Plovers Ridge Retreat.
Remember to make some time to relax and wander our land, or just watch the sunsets!
North East Tasmania
- Bridestowe Lavender Estate
- Hollybank Treetop Adventures – take the zip line or a Segway tour or experience the ropes course.
- Hollybank Mountain Bike Tours
- Lilydale Falls
- Travel the East Tamar Wine Route and its premium cool-climate vineyards
- Take an invigorating day walk to the summit of Mt Arthur
- Visit the coastal town of Bridport – walk the amazing beaches, play a round of golf at Australia’s number 1 public course, Barnbougle Dunes or Lost Farm, or try some salt water fishing. Or relax and be pampered at Barnbougle Spa.
- Visit the Blue Derby Mountain Bike Trails and all Derby has to offer
Launceston and the Tamar Valley
- Cataract Gorge and Basin
- Launceston Historical Walks
- Cruise the Tamar River
- Tour the historic Boag’s Brewery
- Penny Royal Adventures
- Hillwood Berry Farm
- Tamar Valley Wine Route
- Beaconsfield Goldmine Museum
- Seahorse World and Platypus House at Beaconsfield
- Low Head Pilot Station, Maritime Museum and Lighthouse
- Low Head Penguin Tours